Contabo.com is a great website for VPS server. You can use this server for Hosting solutions, Webspace, VPS, Dedicated Server, Colocation etc, with great configuration in cheap price. In this article I will show you how you can login to your windows server by your domain name in Remote Desktop Connection. Steps are discussed below.
1. Steps in the Contabo site
- Goto https://my.contabo.com/ and login
- Then go-to https://my.contabo.com/dns
- Go-to Create new DNS zone and enter your domain name in my case my domain name is alaminkhandakar.com so I am going to enter that and then on the Target IP address I am choosing my server.
- Note the name servers above
2. Steps in the domain control panel
- Login to the domain control panel or the site from where the domain has been purchase.
- Go to your name server section
- Replace the name server by Contabo name server.
4) Then Update the name server
Now you will be able to login via your domain name!
3. login via Remote Desktop Utility
- Goto Remote Desktop connection app or go to run and type mstsc to open the app
- in the computer name enter the domain name, in my case I it is alaminkhandakar.com
- Click Connect in the warning dialog box.
- Now insert the username and password of your server.